For a magical African experience,
try Lesheba Wilderness game farm, which stretches along the top
of the western Soutpansberg Mountains
in the northern province of South Africa. Located in mountainous
terrain, the farm is often lost in a morning mist- the high moisture
has resulted in rich and varied vegetation, from open plains to
natural bushveld and high canopy forest. The farm is a 5 hour's
drive from Johannesburg.
Lesheba Wilderness at a Glance:
- Venda Village Lodge
- 5 thatched huts with original works of Venda art
- The village sleeps 9 - 2dbls, 2 twins, 1 single suitable for pilot/guide/child
- All have en-suite bathrooms (shower only)
- Thatched dining lapa overlooking the valley
- Deck with sunken fire pit and swimming pool
- Lounge with fireplace and beautiful views
- The village has an outdoor bathroom hut with an oval stone bath with a magnificent view and sculpted indoor
and outdoor showers by artist Noria Mabasa
- Interactive African kitchen
- Mwedzi (Moon) and Duvha (Sun) Luxury Suites
- Two luxury suites with views across the valley.
- Secluded units with bedroom, dining room and lounge
- Each has an en-suite bathroom with a bath and double showers.
- Outdoor shower
- Plunge pool.
- The suites are also available on a self catering basis
- Fully equipped kitchen
- All food and beverages must be brought with you if self – catering!
- Hamasha Bushcamp
- Remote eight-bedded bush camp
- Two separate units, each having two bedrooms
- Every bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom and outdoor shower
- Central braai area
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Adjoining lounge / dining room
- The camp is run off gas and paraffin
- Hamasha has no swimming pool
- This camp is set approximately 5 km from reception and is self catering only.
- Leshiba Indigenous Knowledge Centre
- The Centre can sleep 28 people sharing
- It has been built with traditional mud and clay bricks
- There are 3 large rondavels,. divided into two, each sleeping 4 people and two bathrooms with showers and toilets
- A fourth rondavel has en suite facilities for both rooms
- A large open plan ‘hall’ with kitchen, lounge / dining and surrounding stoep, offers a place to relax and interact
- It is solar powered and grey water is filtered into a dam, which attracts game to the immediate area
- All the systems have been designed to be eco-friendly and self -sustainable.
Make an Enquiry or Booking
There are 2 exclusive
Bushcamps at Lesheba. Both are fully equipped for self- catering
and full board is offered from The Venda Village. Several circular
walking trails begin at each camp.
The Venda Village: Internationally acclaimed Venda artist, Noria
Mabasa, has created the extraordinary Venda Village. It is a living
gallery of her works and overlooks Duluni Valley. There is a luxury
outdoor bathroom with sculpted figureheads and a view over the
plains below and a thatched lapa with a lounge, diningroom and
kitchen. This camp sleeps 9. Truly African, Truly Amazing!
New Luxury Suites at The Venda Village: Escape to your own private
hideaway in two new luxury suites with endless views across the
valley. Enjoy a romantic stay at the new Mwedzi (Moon) or Duvha
(Sun) suites. These secluded units offer every luxury that you
may desire. Relax in your private bedroom, dining room and lounge
or retreat to your en-suite bathroom and soak in the large bath
or double showers. There is also the option of an outdoor shower.
Pure cotton linen, delicious baths, candlelight and kerosene lamps
add to the romance. A wonderland of African design, art and style!
Hamsha: This thatched camp has four en-suite
bedrooms offering magnificent views of Hamasha gorge. It has a
lounge and fireplace for cosy evenings with French doors opening
out onto a braai area. After a long hike, there's nothing more
refreshing than enjoying one of the outdoor showers. Secluded
Game drives are
available, but the best way to experience all the farm has to
offer, is on foot. There are 10 marked trails from 2 to 5 hours
walking time, with paths meandering through lush bush, over plains
and down spectacular gorges, where in summer you can swim in clear
There are more than
335 species of trees and a wide variety of birds, including black
eagles, purple crested and Knysna louries and the rare Narina
Trogon. The larger gameincludes white rhino, leopard, giraffe,
zebra, sable brown hyena and numerous species of antelope.
The Waterberg Mountain area is part
of the Bushveld district of the Limpopo Province, a two and a
half hour drive north from Johannesburg on the N1.
Children 12 years and older welcome at The Venda Village Lodge. As our lodges are in wildlife areas, children should be under the care of
a parent/guardian at all times.
Children of all ages welcome at Hamasha self-catering bushcamp.
There is no electricity at LESHIBA, other than at the Farmhouse / Reception (generator). The 2 luxury suites and
standard suites have a combination of solar power and paraffin lamps. The self- catering HAMASHA BUSH
CAMP (sleeps 8 people in four bedrooms) has a gas lighting system and gas appliances.
Make an Enquiry or Booking