Mhondoro Lodge is set in the heart of the magnificent malaria free Welgevonden Game Reserve. It offers the perfect getaway for the discerning traveler. The luxurious lodge in the Waterberg, offers five star accommodation coupled with a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
Mhondoro Lodge at a Glance:
- Accommodation - Capacity - 10 guests
- 4 Luxurious suites with bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, private decks and private plunge pools per suite
- 1 x Presidential Villa that can accommodate up to 4 persons
- Full range of guest amenities such as soaps, shampoo, body lotions, etc
- Mosquito Nets in each room
- Insect repellent supplied in all bedrooms and on all vehicles
- Swimming pool on the main lodge deck
- Open air Boma where dinner is enjoyed under the stars
- 24 hour electricity with back-up generator
- All rooms equipped with air- conditioning , gas fireplaces and ceiling fans
- Airstrip nearby
- Babysitting at an extra charge, to be arranged prior to arrival
- Bar area in the main lodge
- Big Five Game Park
- Children Welcome
- Curio Shop
- Internet Facility , fax
- Jacuzzi on the Presidential Villa’s Deck
- TV Room
- Malaria free
Make an Enquiry or Booking
Only a 2,5 hour drive from Johannesburg and set on a rocky outcrop, Mhondoro Lodge boasts sweeping views of the unspoilt, pristine Waterberg Bushveld. With an exclusive waterhole sited in front of the main lodge sundeck, you are assured of intimate sightings of the Welgevonden wildlife as well as awe inspiring sunrises and sunsets. Mhondoro Lodge is easily accessible by aircraft . From Lansaria airport the flight will take approximately one hour for you to arrive near to Mhondoro Lodge.
The Welgevonden Game Reserve is divided by three main rivers that meander quietly through densely wooded regions on their way to joining the Limpopo River. The Game Reserve is part of the larger United Waterberg Biosphere in the Limpopo province, founded in 1993, and comprised of mountainous terrain divided by deep valleys and kloofs (ravines).
Our four secluded luxurious Chalets have individual sundecks with bush views, spacious en-suite bathrooms and outside showers.
At Mhondoro Lodge guests can enjoy bird watching, game viewing in Open Safari Vehicles and Guided Game Walks. At Mohondoro Lodge there is a well-equipped gym, Spa treatments or simply relax and view the game at the Lodges waterhole.
The 75 mammal species include the Big 5 , elephant, lion, white and black rhino, leopard and buffalo. African python and the Nile crocodile and hippo are also resident, and the area is a birdwatchers’ paradise, with more than 300 bird species.
The Waterberg Mountain area is part of the Bushveld district of the Limpopo Province, a two and a half hour drive north from Johannesburg on the N1. Welgevonden also has two airstrips making chartered flights possible.
Children are welcome at Mhondoro Lodge. This is the ideal holiday getaway for families. Please Note: Children under the age of 6 are not allowed on the game drives, children between the ages of 6 and 12 will be taken on drives at the Ranger’s / Manager’s discretion.
Babysitting can be arranged prior to arrival and would be at an additional fee.
There is 24 hour electricity to all rooms.
Mhondoro Lodge is closed due to a fire.
Due to Re-Open September 2015
Make an Enquiry or Booking